Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Exploring

 
 
 

The kids and I took a day to go down to Gas Works Park and walk through the Wallingford area. The kids were a little disappointed with the park. They were not allowed to climb on anything that they wanted to climb on. They kept asking me why I would have brought them here if they weren't allowed to climb on anything. And what is the point of having a park if you can't climb on anything. I certainly didn't have a good answer for them, but we ate our lunch there and then headed off to see if we could find the Fremont Troll.
We found the troll as well as several other picturesque stops along the way. We played at the troll for quite a while. People came and went. There was even a few minutes that the kids were the only ones on the troll. It's not easy to get two boys to leave a giant, climbable, sand covered, troll who is sitting in the shade in order to walk back through town in the sun.

August 23, 2013
Posted by Picasa

No comments: